Monday, May 16, 2005

may 16th. my little brother is 18 years old today.

my "little" brother, who's over 6 feet tall. my "little" brother, who is graduating high school in month. my "little" brother, who is going to nyc next weekend with his band because they got studio time and are going to make an honest-to-goodness cd. yikes. somwhere along the line, rob grew up. and *fast*. i won't say that it feels like it was just yesterday that he was born, because that's silly. i was six years old when he was born, and that feels like a million years ago. but that's on the krista-scale. on the rob-scale...i don't know. maybe he should be 12. i'll even say that 15 seems reasonable. but 18? i got engaged when i was 18. yeah, i was too young, and that's why i'm not married right now...but still. i feel like he shouldn't be there yet. and i guess in a way it makes me examine my age a little more closely. i don't want to fall into the cliche of "oh my god, i'm getting old"; generally, the thought of turning 25 in a few months doesn't phase me at all. and since most of my friends are already 25 or several years past it, i feel silly feeling like this is sort of a benchmark year...even if i "did" feel old, most of the people i know would laugh me out of the room for saying so (notice how i'm not naming names? you know who you are ;). may the bravest of you leave a comment...). anyway...i'm rambling now. i guess the point i'm getting toward is holy crow does time fly, and i hope that i can at least look back when i catch my breath and feel like i've *done* something. i hope all of us can.

cheers, and happy birthday to my little brother...

1 comment:

alh said...

Ok...i'll bite. we are getting old. Case in point, we went to see star wars and the kid next to me didn't know that LucasFilm was a company. He said "wow, he has his own company..since when?" And he was like...15! 20 years of star wars...in the theaters...we're old.

Fair warning...25 didn't hit until I had to renew my driver's liscense and it doesn't expire until I'm 30! Then I felt old!