Monday, March 24, 2003

*goodbye grandpa*

my grandpa, john leighton toumine, passed away on monday, march 17th. thankfully, i was able to see him before he died. he was unresponsive, but i think he was aware that we were there, and that we were talking to him. he couldn't talk or move, but you could see movement under his eyelids when someone talked to him...at any rate, the funeral was on the following wednesday. it was a very nice service--it was very obvious that my grandfather was very well loved and respected in his community, and that he had a lot of wonderful friends who'll be there to see my grandmother through this.

thank you to everyone who has wished me and my family well. your thoughts are greatly appreciated, and they mean a lot to me.

...i promise, i'll have *something* more pleasant to report soon... :/

oh...i gave blood today! 8 pints makes a gallon! that's something good, at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Grandpa--John Leighton Toumine was my Uncle. My father and your granpa were brothers. Your Grandpa was my Father's youngest brother.
My father's name was Verlin K. Toumine.
Sincerely,
Harold G. Toumine, Logansport Indiana.
htoumine@hotmail.com