Wednesday, October 19, 2005

first, a great big THANK YOU to everyone who donated to the American Cancer Society. the Relay went well last weekend, the rain stopped, the sun came out, all was well. big round of applause for my dad, who walked roughly 7 hours, which is way more than he thought he'd be able to do. my mom, dad, and i walked throughout the day; jim showed up and walked with me from about 7pm saturday to about 6 am sunday, and april and mark walked with us from ~12:30 am sunday to ~ 6 am. i set out to do the whole 24, but my body said a big Hell No after hour 18. but, i did manage 11 am saturday to ~6 am sunday.

for my efforts, i got a big ol' nasty case of SICK. to be fair, i was already tossing my cookies the night before the Relay, but it's now wednesday night and i'm still not 100%. and that's sucky. especially since i leave for my conference on sunday (!!!!!). god, am i getting nervous about that. yikes. think of me on monday afternoon; that's when i present my data. and on monday night, i consume copious amounts of beer. well, maybe not copious amounts. maybe 3. whatever.

one week and one day until i get to see dana... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

live a little have 4!

Anonymous said...

It sucks you are sick, but I'm proud of you baby!
A personal thank you from me goes out to all that showed up to support you and walk with you in my absence.
Take Brooke's advice