Friday, January 31, 2003

that was really, really scary...

i just got let out of my lab animal science lab early b/c one of the girls in my class started seizuring uncontrollably. i called 911, but it took me 3 dispatchers before i got through to the UConn emergency line (i guess if you call 911 from a cell phone, you get routed to state police, then somewhere else, then finally wherever you need to be). at any rate, it was the most helpless feeling in the world, to see that girl on the floor like that and to just have to wait while the phone rang and people put me on hold. three cheers to my professor, Dr Milvae, who had the physically and emotionally draining job of holding the poor girl down so that she didn't hurt herself too badly. once the ambulance came, we were all in zombie mode, so there wasn't much point in continuing on with class. my hands are still shaking...

No comments: