Friday, December 06, 2002

i am having a very, very bad morning.

1) mike got me a beautiful sweater as a hanukkah gift. i put it on this morning when i got dressed, then went into the bathroom, where i proceeded to spill liquid makeup all over the floor, rug, wall, my shoes, my pants, and MY SWEATER.
2) on the way to school after cleaning up (got the sweater pretty clean, still wore it), i realize that i'm out on windshield washer fluid. as i drive, my windshield gets more and more caked with sand and salt from the roads. i stop at a gas station to buy more, but they are out. i throw snow on my windshield and keep driving.
3) the second gas station i stop at has fluid, but i have no cash and there's a 5 dollar credit card limit. there is no limit for debit cards, so i tell the cashier to do it as debit. stupid cashier man insists that it is "either a credit card or a debit card, but it can't be both." he is apparently confused by the mastercard logo. "it's a debit card, too" i say. he looks confused. i stare at him. "yes. just do it." he does. it works. i leave.
4) i pull out of the gas station only to realize that the direction that i want to go through the intersection is closed. i cannot go straight. no one will let me move over from the straight lane. i sit through 3 light changes before someone lets me go.
5) i get to school, where my one class is a lecture devoted to cancer, which my grandfather is in the midst of dying of.
6) after class, i go to my department head to see if i can get out of a class for my secondary major. he says fine, just check w/ my animal science advisor. i go. he sends me to the professor of said course. i go. professor of said course is a snippy, bitter little asshole, who says his seminar is different from the natural resources seminar that i'm taking, and i have to take both. the difference? his seminar teaches how to write a resume (which i already know how to do) and brings in people to talk about job opportunities in the animal science field (which i have no desire or intention of ever working in). he says many rude and presumptuous things that will take too long for me to type. my eyelid is currently beginning to twitch just thinking about it.
7) after meeting with the snippy, bitter little asshole, i look down to realize that there is a hole in the sleeve of my brand new sweater.
8) as i was typing the above sentence, some guy came into the computer lab and informed me that he had a project saved on the computer that i was working on. there is a universal drive in this lab that can be accessed on all of the computers. did he save his project on that drive? of course not. i moved to a new computer and had to wait for it to start up so i could finish ranting and raving.
9) i now have to go to work, where i was supposed to have had my schedule for next semester straightened out with the other 2 girls that are in school currently by 1 pm today. it is 1:06. i will not be at work until 2. my schedule still is not settled b/c of the snippy, bitter little asshole. i am probably going to get chewed out by my boss and given even less hours to work next semester than i already have, which could only be described as paltry at best.
10) i want to go home and curl up into a ball and sleep all weekend, and i can't b/c i have to write a paper on the effects of pcb's and breast cancer, which i haven't had time to start yet b/c i've been working on my modeling project which still is not working.

garrrr. >:(

No comments: