Sunday, September 26, 2004

so in case you hadn't noticed, i barely have time to breathe lately, let alone update my blog & website. this semester is killer in terms of work load. i'm taking 2 classes (groundwater hydrology and modeling of small watersheds), and growing ever-closer to completing the set-up of my wetland. all of the pipe is currently laid, and the majority of my data-collecting equipment is set up. it's really just down to odds and ends at this point (i ought to be able to finish this week), then i can start collecting real data. yee-ha! unfortunately, because school sucks up so much of my time, i had to give my notice at the vet...that was a terribly, awful decision to have to make. i love my job, i love my boss and co-workers...but it's just too much, especially considering that i'm fully funded by uconn and making enough money that i don't technically *need* a second job. besides, mike and i were starting to each forget what the other looked like, we get to spend time together so infrequently. yeah, i know we live together...that's what makes it even more pathetic. so hopefully, this will ease up on a little bit on the stress in my life. wednesday is my last afternoon as a vet tech...gah.

let's see...i got a sewing machine for my birthday, so i've been playing around with that the past week. i made pillowcases this morning, and i've also made a little sack for my ipod and all its accoutrements (i also got an arm band for it for my birthday, and an attachment that lets me tune a radio station to my ipod...very cool).

that's all for now...i'm teaching (eep!) my advisor's wetlands class tomorrow, so i have to go prepare and make sure i don't look like an idiot...

No comments: